Sunglasses are a must-have fashion accessory for every woman, which also offer protection from harmful UV rays. Whether you invest in a high-end or a budget-friendly pair, proper care is crucial to ensure your Women’s Sunglasses last as long as possible. This blog post will discuss some tips and tricks to care for Women’s sunglasses to keep them looking new for years.
Cleaning Your Sunglasses
Cleaning your sunglasses is essential to maintain their shine and protect them from scratches. Here are some tips for cleaning your sunglasses:
Step-by-step cleaning process:
- Start by rinsing your sunglasses with lukewarm water to remove dust or debris. Then, add a drop of mild soap or dishwashing detergent to the lenses and gently rub the lenses and frames with a microfiber cloth. Rinse the sunglasses under lukewarm water and dry them with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe the lenses and frames of your sunglasses gently. Make sure to remove any dirt or smudges from the lenses.
- Avoid using paper towels, tissue paper, or any abrasive material to clean your sunglasses, as they can scratch the lenses.
- Never clean your sunglasses when dry, as this can cause scratches. Always wet them first with lukewarm water or a cleaning solution.
- Do not use hot water to clean your sunglasses; it can damage the lenses and frames.
Storing Your Shades
Storing your sunglasses is easy, but you need to be careful about the way you keep them. You can follow the below-mentioned ways of storing your goggles:
- Store your sunglasses facing upwards in a protective case when not in use. The case should be a hardshell or padded case to protect them from scratches and other damages.
- If you are traveling, keep your sunglasses in a protective case and store them in your carry-on bag. Do not store them in checked luggage, as they may get damaged during transit.
- Avoid leaving your sunglasses in hot and humid places, such as the car dashboard or the beach, as this can cause the lenses to warp or crack. Also, please do not place your sunglasses face down, as they can scratch the lenses.
Maintenance and Repairs
Regular maintenance and repairs can extend the life of your sunglasses. Here are some tips:
- Use a screwdriver to tighten any loose screws in the frames.
- If your nose pads are broken, you can replace them or take them to a professional. You can find replacement nose pads at an optical store or online.
- You can use a scratch repair kit for minor scratches. However, it is best to take your sunglasses to a professional for repairs for significant damages.
Some extra tips and tricks
- Always wear your sunglasses outdoors to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. Also, avoid leaving your sunglasses in direct sunlight for an extended period, as it can cause the lenses to fade or crack.
- Avoid exposing them to chemicals, such as hair spray, perfume, or cleaning products, as they can damage the lenses and frames.
- If they are scratched, faded, or damaged beyond repair, it may be time to replace them. Wearing damaged sunglasses can harm your eyes, as they may not protect you from UV rays.
- When shopping for new sunglasses, look for ones that provide 100% UV protection and are made of durable and long-lasting, high-quality materials. Consider investing in polarised lenses, which reduce glare and improve visibility, especially when driving or participating in water activities.
Caring for your Women’s sunglasses is essential to ensure they last longer and continue to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. Regular cleaning, proper storage, maintenance and repairs, and taking precautions to avoid sun exposure and chemical damage are some ways to care for your sunglasses. By following the tips and tricks, you can enjoy your sunglasses for years to come and protect your eyes while looking stylish at the same time.
Also, Read More Relevant Articles:- The Versatile Silk Maxi Skirt: How to Style for Any Occasion